||The title of this article is unofficial.
Although this article is based on official information, the actual name of this subject was created for the wiki.
- "Do you recall any of those emergency survival procedures?..."
The Black Mesa Medical Lab is a Black Mesa Research Facility area where starts the Half-Life: Opposing Force chapter Welcome to Black Mesa.
Scientist trying to revive a dead HECU soldier in the infirmary.
- The Medical Lab is equipped with two CAT scanners. At least one of them is still functional, and inside lies a HECU zombie that soon wakes up and kills the scientist studying him.
- Some areas of the Medical Lab have been abandoned probably due to parasitic infestation and have been blocked off with furniture and hospital beds, or are simply out of reach due to collapsed walls/ceilings.
- Beyond that Shephard finds the Pipe Wrench, then a room where laser experiments with optical mirrors take place, then first sees the G-Man after arriving to Black Mesa, having a heated argument with a security guard in what appears to be the entrance lobby of this section. He also finds several Headcrabs, then soon reaches the crash site of his Osprey on this outside, after finding the Combat Knife.
 Behind the scenes
The yet-to-be laser room filled with Pit Drones.
- Except for the infirmary, the actual name of that area is not given, although the Black Mesa Announcement System refers to a "medical lab 6" at some point.
- According to an early Opposing Force screenshot, the laser room originally was a standard office, filled with Pit Drones.
Easter egg: the room where is first found the "Otis" security guard features a computer that will display a BSOD after pressing the Use key several times.
This section is in the middle of an expansion or major revamping.
 List of appearances