For other uses, see Knife (disambiguation).
Swing to strike
|Rate of fire||
The Combat Knife is a melee weapon featured in Half-Life: Opposing Force and used by Adrian Shephard. It can be found plunged into the back of a dead Vortigaunt in a cave, and later in an office before reaching the Lambda Complex. Its appearance is similar to that of the classic KA-BAR knife.
- A step up from the Pipe Wrench, the knife does less damage per hit and has no secondary attack, but has a considerably faster rate of attack.
- The knife is best used for conserving ammo while fighting weakened enemies and breaking open supply crates.
- Its speed is identical to the Crowbar, but it deals twice as much damage, and can sometimes instantly kill humans from behind and instantly kill Headcrabs when they attack.
 Behind the scenes
A combat knife can also be seen attached on the Human Sergeant's belt, although it is only part of his textures.
 List of appearances
- Half-Life (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life SDK (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Minor members · Dwight T. Barnes · Sharp · Adrian Shephard|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Weapons||9mm Pistol · Artillery Cannon · Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dynamite · Fragmentation Grenade · Gun Emplacement · Land Mine · Laser Trip Mine · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M-40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mortar · Submachine Gun · Rocket Cannon · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · Shotgun · Tripod-Mounted Heavy Machine Gun|
|Transportation||AH-64 Apache · Jet · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M44 cargo truck · Osprey Heliplane|
|Technology||Chargers · Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Transportation · Weapons|
|Other||Hazardous Environment Combat Unit models · Military Police · Robot Grunt · Santego Military Base|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant|
|Weapons (cut)||20mm Cannon|