|The contents of this article have been cut.|
The subject matter of this article contains in-development information that was cut from the final version of an official and/or canonical source and appears in no other canonical source. It may also contain incomplete information since not all cut material is publicly known.
As it name implies, it is a standard Molotov cocktail with identical effects. When thrown, it produces a large circle of fire which will remain for a while before dissipating, and could presumably be put out with the Fire Extinguisher, also cut.
 Behind the scenes
- It was originally to be used by Citizens against Combine forces in the Half-Life 2 test level Get Your Free TVs!.
- It was originally part of the Brickbat props, thus its Headcrab appearance when spawned in the leak, as well as the Snark HUD icon from the original Half-Life.
- In the Half-Life 2 leak, the fire sprites are so small that it is almost impossible to notice them.
- The bottle model and its textures exist, but the texture is broken in both the viewmodel and worldmodel.
- Hammer shows that Citizens have two weapon choices named "Beer Bottle" and "Beer Bottle2", related to the Brickbat and the Molotov cocktail.
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Molotov Cocktail is among them.
- The Molotov cocktail is also present in the story mode of Half-Life 2: Survivor as an unfinished weapon and can only be obtained with cheats (
give weapon_molotov). It uses Pheropod's HUD icon and name and grenade's models. Unlike the leak Molotov, the fire is fully functional and deals small amount of damage once per second. The player can hold 6 Molotov cocktails at the same time.
- In both Half-Life 2 leak and Half-Life 2: Survivor, a message "Drawing Molotov..." appears in console when each Molotov cocktail is drawn for the first time.
 List of appearances
- Half-Life 2 (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Survivor (Cheat code only) (Non-canonical appearance)