For security reasons and to ensure that all users are correctly attributed for their contributions, every user who has made more than 5 edits has been copied over from Wikia.
However, since the passwords for users are encrypted, these could not be copied over and so the accounts are inaccessible as they are.
If you didn't edit the Wikia wiki before the move, you won't need to go through this; just create a new account.
Please read below for instructions on how to log in to your Wikia account on this wiki.
If you don't mind waiting a little while, then e-mail me with just your Wikia username, and I can change the password temporarily to allow you log in again. This is somewhat easier for me, but it means that you won't be able to start editing again immediately.
Create a new account
- The first thing you will need to do on this wiki is to create a new account which is different from your Wikia username. Something like "Bramblepath1" or "Klow1" is best, as it will only be used temporarily.
- At this point, you can start editing this wiki under that new username. Any contributions you make with this username will later be transferred to your Wikia username and all links to that username will be transferred as well.
- If you create a new user page under the new account name, then your old user page will be lost. Also, if you comment on talk pages, the link to your user page will not change or be redirected when the accounts are merged. It's best to just wait.
You will then need to prove that you own the account which you wish to use.
- Go to this page.
- If you are not logged in, then log in to Wikia as prompted and ensure that you have an e-mail address set in your preferences.
- Send an e-mail, including in the message:
- Your Wikia username
- Your new username you just registered on this wiki.
You will then need to wait at most a few days to be able to login to your Wikia account. I'll need to merge your old account into your new, then rename the new account to your old account, and move any talk pages/sub pages for your user. This is not a quick or fun process so please don't be impatient.
Again: once you have registered your new account on this wiki you will be able to resume editing IMMEDIATELY, and any edits you make will be merged into your Wikia account.
Once this has been done you'll receive an e-mail confirmation and you'll be able to log in with your Wikia username and the password you used to register your new account with.