An article's status is indicated by the F, G or S logos in the top right corner. Before reaching a quality article status, an article often goes through a cleanup process as part of our Cleanup Project.
A featured article should:
- Consist of information that the average Half-Life / Portal fan wouldn't know
- Have good writing and spelling
- Contain no speculation
- Have no outstanding disputes
- Hold proper sources
- Be structured according to the official layout, unless it is too short
- Have a decent "behind the scenes" coverage
When an article is too short but of quality nevertheless, it is called a good article. Its criteria are the same.
When an article is clean but does not have much content, it is just considered a safe article. This is also the target quality status for Quote articles.
|Informative subjects||About the wiki · Administration · Disclaimers · Donate · Canon · Content Updates · History · Images · Featured content · Featured article queue · Userboxes ·|
|Help subjects||Help Hub · Editing · Discussion board · Images · References · Rollback · Tables · Manual of Style · Layout Guide · Protection policy · Talk page policy|
|Projects||Projects Hub · Cleanup Project · Quotes Project|
|Archives||April Fools' Day 2010 archive · Forum archive|