Talk:Aperture Science Weighted Storage Cube
|This is the talk page for Aperture Science Weighted Storage Cube.|
This page is reserved for discussion about the article itself, not for discussions about the subject.
um...Why is there a picture of the Weighted Storage Cube here? THEULTIMAte PIMPDINOSAUR 15:24, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Because it's storage cube. SiPlus 17:02, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
Doesn't Glados give the weight of the companion cube, I think she says its 32 lbs. Can anyone cite this.Thelastlambda 21:21, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- In my repeated playthroughs of the game, I have never once heard her say that. Of course, I might just be missing something, and I don't have the technology to search through the files. Smelltheashes 21:14, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
The composite picture here needs a solid, single-tone background, or the cubes look like they're two different colors. --Fireman V2 22:29, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I still think so. It's basically an optical illusion. I'll do it, if I can find the time. --FiremanV2 17:02, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
It is not mentioned anywhere else in the article. At NO POINT is it stated that the WCC appeared in the Portal2 trailer; the article describes how memes will not be reused, not that it didn't appear in the trailer. It did. My last edit even said it was unlikely it will appear outside of the trailer! --FiremanV2 20:02, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
- You can add info about the trailer, but don't say it won't appear in the game, while it appears in Meet Wheatley or the Aerial Faith Plate vid. Klow 10:51, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
Companion Cube really needs a separate page
Shut up about memes. Even in the game, it's practically a character. Look at the huge rejoicing when it was confirmed to be returning in P2. Look how GLaDOS refers to the Cube as "he". Look at how it's now shorthand for the entire Portal franchise. Most importantly, look at how cute it is (Obligatory awwww.) Sorry, rant over.
Exactly. It's huge. And it's constantly referred to by GLaDos in Portal 2, not to mention that it *INSURMOUNTABLE P2 SPOILERS*
Appears in the end game cutscene.
I really think it should have its own article.
188.8.131.52 11:50, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
Pre-Lab Rat, it could have gone either way. But now there's an established Companion Cube character, figment or not, I think a separation is the way to go. SteveZombie 12:02, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
Agreed. I propose a joint article for Rattman's delusion and regular Companion Cubes. Webspidrman 4:08, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
Robotic Walking Companion Cube
i feel like the robotic turret/cube hybrid things from p2 that wheatley makes to walk onto buttons and complete tests on their own should get a mention, and probably a picture. they might have legs, but function-wise they're still essentially just weighted storage cubes. Mrdeadhead 06:28, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
- There is an article about those cubs, Franken-cubes. There probably should be a blurb about them in this article with a "Main Article" link to the Franken-cube page. -Shorty1982 11:03, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
Entity code incorrect
I have tested the prop_weighted_antique code and it does NOT work. (Yes, I put ent_create in front) Could somebody please correct this if possible. PortalGuy 14:46, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, because antique cube is a skin. SiPlus 17:01, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
How do I set the skin then? PortalGuy 17:13, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
Talking companion cube
A friend of mine has sworn that if you turn on subtitles that the companion cube will make various comments, including when you jump in the incinerator with it. Can anyone confirm this? Eto 'Zamamai 02:37, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
I always play with subtitles on and never saw that. --184.108.40.206 07:15, June 23, 2011 (UTC)