- 1 Your uploaded pics
- 2 Viewmodels
- 3 MP5
- 4 Cry of Fear
- 5 Black Mesa Achievements
- 6 About the MINERVA article
- 7 Steampipe update
- 8 Half-Life storyline
- 9 Sysop
- 10 Comments about your recent edits
- 11 Hi!
- 12 Hey
- 13 New Pages
- 14 Personal pictures.
- 15 Alyx's quotes
- 16 “PeTI facts and Cave quotes”
- 17 template:Sandbox
- 18 Mods
- 19 Username change
- 20 Lambda Cache locations
- 21 Sorry about "fanon" things.
- 22 Please remove my last edit on OICW if it is not specific/is "fanon"
- 23 Half-Life Storyline "A destroyed tank"
- 24 Unused images
- 25 G-Man quotes from preloaded version of HL2 EP1
- 26 Possible identity theft.
Your uploaded pics
Hello, please complete the missing information in the two pics you uploaded, thanks! Klow 22:49, 13 February 2013 (GMT)
- Done. Sorry for not completing it before - I had to go and only wanted to upload those before I forget :) I've also made a category for F-16. By the way I think that the F-16 brush.jpg file should be moved there. Is that ok? Sandvich18 08:13, 14 February 2013 (GMT)
- Well, you could have done it yourself, don't be afraid! Klow 21:34, 16 February 2013 (GMT)
Hey, could you rather upload separate files for the Op4 and BS viewmodels?... Klow 21:33, 16 February 2013 (GMT)
Could you turn on anti-aliasing for HLMV in your graphics card settings and make MP5 screenshots with larger resolution and in PNG format instead of JPG? SiPlus 15:23, 17 February 2013 (GMT)
Cry of Fear
- I know, I would find it out eventually while working at the article. Sandvich18 (talk) 20:23, 28 February 2013 (GMT)
Black Mesa Achievements
- Do I really have to? The current version looks good to me... Sandvich18 (talk) 14:49, 29 March 2013 (GMT)
- Of course it's good, but I'd just like it to be consistent throughout the wiki... Also, Goo is now a safe article! ;) Klow (talk) 21:46, 6 April 2013 (BST)
About the MINERVA article
Greetings, user Sandvich18! I see you have some concerns regarding changes being made to the MINERVA article. Allow me to address the anxieties underlying your concerns, rather than try to answer every possible question you might have left unvoiced.
Regarding the bullet points, there is currently a concerted effort on the Overwiki to take care of a widespread issue plaguing many articles: very long, lazy, disjointed, and unreadable lists. These make the Overwiki look bad, and they're fairly prevalent in the "Behind the scenes" sections here. As editors, it is our job to observe a higher standard of writing. As such, we should avoid bullet point lists by any means necessary unless writing an actual list. As an example of an article guilty of this flaw, check the old Houndeye article and then look at the current revision to see how I have corrected it. My revision was aimed at a smooth article flow and structure that makes it much easier for the reader to digest. It also looks much nicer. I had formatted the "Behind the scenes" section in the MINERVA article to not require bullet points since I was not writing a list, hence why I have removed the bullet points you had added. The Layout Guide only specifically refers to lists.
As for the images, I'll mention that there is another issue on the Overwiki: just as some articles don't have enough (or any) images, there are also articles that contain far too many. An excessive amount of images makes it difficult for the reader to comprehend exactly what should be seen. As editors, it is our job not only to be thorough, but to be concise and clear. As such, we should use images intelligently to illustrate the points worth illustrating, not to bombard the reader with a bloated wall of images. Do note that MINERVA is simply one fan-made modification consisting of only four maps. It doesn't need 26 screenshots.
To end, let me just say that every edit made on the Overwiki should be done with the reader kept in mind. A messy layout along with an overload of redundant images might not confuse a Valve aficionado, but they absolutely would bewilder someone completely new to the subject. It is our responsibility as editors to make sure we present the information here in a coherent and succinct manner. Marphy (talk) 17:05, 7 May 2013 (BST)
- Woah, thank you for that really comprehensive message! I'll take it to heart. Sandvich18 (talk) 18:25, 7 May 2013 (BST)
This is a reply to Valve's employees on Future of Half-Life series article. You can add this information to Valve Corporation article. It's not related to Half-Life series. Thanks.--Barnz (talk) 17:12, 11 May 2013 (BST)
I'm not sure if the Half-Life storyline article should be labelled as 'cleaned up' just yet; I think there is still work to be done on it.
- Oh, ok, I "trusted" (thought :P) you that you cleaned it up (seeing your chapter by chapter edits). You can label it as you want (with the reason in the change log, if you can). Sandvich18 (talk) 20:11, 12 May 2013 (BST)
Comments about your recent edits
Hello, Sandvich18. I have been trying to contact you on Steam in regards to your recent edits, but it seems our times just don't coincide, so I'm leaving this message here for you to see.
- I removed the Safe status from Locations in the Half-Life and Portal universe as it was missing locations for Portal 2's co-op, the Peer Review DLC, and also the Half-Life: Uplink demo. This isn't just a matter of the article being incomplete. This is the bare minimum of information this article has to give. It has no other information to offer, so missing these critical pieces means it is not fit to be a highlighted article on the Overwiki and on the main page. The Portal section should link to GLaDOS' testing track (Portal) as it is done in the Portal 2 section since Portal's tests are otherwise not mentioned at all in the article.
- Also, redirects should be avoided as they make the Overwiki look sloppy and, on a technical level, they don't work when redirecting to a subsection in an article if the user has scripting is disabled. If you're taking the time to clean up an article, any redirects should be addressed as well as this action directly improves the Overwiki and it's one of the easier things to fix.
My questions about your recent additions:
- What is the purpose of Category:Multiplayer characters? You've included the playable cast of Decay and Portal 2's co-op so far, but if you consider all of the selectable player models in Half-Life, Opposing Force, Opposing Force CTF, and HL2: Deathmatch, you'll have virtually the entire cast of Half-Life and a bunch of incidental HL2 NPCs included in this category. This category is simply far too broad, and I would recommend its deletion or being massively narrowed down as it does not help in categorizing.
- What is the purpose of Multiplayer locations? You've included the Portal 2 co-op locations so far, but if you consider just how much the deathmatch maps in Half-Life and Opposing Force encompass as well as all of Decay's co-op, you'd have virtually the entirety of the Black Mesa facility in this category. You'll also have most of HL2's locations included once you consider HL2: Deathmatch, and that doesn't even consider HL2: Survivor's locations. Once again, this category is far too broad, and I would recommend its deletion as it does not help in categorizing.
Hi, Sandvich18, it Yong Feng from Half-Life Wiki, sorry that i doing the copy without giving credit, but i don't do that anymore. As you say there is no risk that i create a account here, i may edit here, but my English's grammar is not very good so try to fix it instead of deleting directly. Also, don't tell any members of Half-Life wiki that i have created a account here (I choose the name "Gumball The Cat" is for two reason. 1. Not let the members of Half-Life wiki know that i have created a account here. 2. I like Gumball Watterson.). I will still work on the original Half-Life wiki, but i don't take the same way here.--Gumball The Cat (talk) 18:44, 19 September 2013 (BST)
- But i can't create my userpage because the system say "you do not have premission to create it". How long should take before i allowed to edit my page?--Gumball The Cat (talk) 19:45, 19 September 2013 (BST)
- What is credit that you said in Half-life wiki? And how to use it, i never have heard before.--Gumball The Cat (talk) 19:57, 19 September 2013 (BST)
- So what you saing is always talk to you first before copy the information.--Gumball The Cat (talk) 21:16, 20 September 2013 (BST)
Hello! I would like to create a new page but, I honestly can't figure out how to make one. — Unsigned comment by ARetardedPickle
- As far as I can tell, just search for the page exactly (e.g. if you want to make a template, search for Template:template name). If it doesn't exist, there will be a link "Create the page [x] on this wiki". Click that and you should be alright. Prtaler (about | complain) 10:55, 6 October 2015 (BST)
I'm sorry if I'm bothering you a lot. I'm wondering, if we want to use custom pictures for our profile what source, cat subject, cat type would we put it under? ARetardedPickle (talk) 21:34, 17 February 2015 (GMT)
- I prefer not to see the actual total of quotes before starting, before Cave's are already very long, that's rather discouraging. But I guess Alyx's are even worse. Klow (talk) 10:42, 5 May 2015 (BST)
“PeTI facts and Cave quotes”
A lot of the mods you've listed appear to be featured in SourceRuns speedruns. Coincidence?
- Done! 18 () 10:13, 27 December 2015 (GMT)
Lambda Cache locations
Hey, if you check my Sandbox page, you'll see I'm working on a Lambda Cache Locations. I know it's on your To-Do list, but I want to get it out of your way. I like helping out as much as I can. I just need to know how to format them. Mine looks a little bit weird and off with the #/# and the general wording, so I need a little guide to help with it. (I posted this message on my Discussion, but I'm not entirely sure if you saw it, so sorry if I am interrupting anything).
Sorry about "fanon" things.
I thought thought most of my "fanon" topics were true,and some were just for detailing.
I'll try to keep my topics as relevant as possible.
Please remove my last edit on OICW if it is not specific/is "fanon"
Please remove it if it is not needed.
Half-Life Storyline "A destroyed tank"
I think the text should be "A destroyed tank" instead because Gordon isn't destroying it, you can't see Gordon and the tank is already destroyed rather than in the process of becoming destroyed. — Prtaler (about | complain) 00:41, 26 March 2016 (GMT)
- The image is there to present Gordon's actions and their results, and to report his journey. "A destroyed tank" sounds too vague and too impersonal. The present simple tense doesn't imply that the action is taking place in the picture. 18 () 20:08, 26 March 2016 (GMT)
File:Glados battle concept3.png (http://www.interlopers.net/images/articles/phil-co-interview/styleguide_bts_82.jpg are the same?) File:Glados battle concept2.png File:Glados battle concept.png
Hey, Sandvich18!. I found this article (http://www.interlopers.net/articles/phil-co-interview) with concepts by Jeremy Bennett, i think you should put it in the wiki.
Greetings and happy new year. — Unsigned comment by TuningBEB2008
- Thanks for the greetings, happy New Year to you, too! I absolutely love the article you linked, thank you so much! As for the Portal 2 Collector's Edition Guide images – yes, they are yet to be included in relevant articles. The first one is similar to the one in the interview, but it's not the same. 18 () 11:48, 3 January 2018 (MSK)
G-Man quotes from preloaded version of HL2 EP1
Possible identity theft.
- Thanks for the heads-up. 18 () 19:30, 11 March 2018 (MSK)