Portal Stories: Mel
|This article is about a mod.|
The subject matter of this article was conceived by third-party developers and is therefore deemed both non-canon and non-official. It cannot be used as a relevant source in articles on official subjects.
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
|Portal Stories: Mel|
June 25, 2015
Portal Stories: Mel was developed over the course of four years by a small independent team of fans under the name Prism Studios. Development for the mod was first announced in May 2011, and it was originally intended to launch in early 2012. On July 27, 2014 it appeared on Steam Greenlight and got approved by Valve within the following week, before being released free of charge on Steam on June 25, 2015.
Portal Stories: Mel has gained critical acclaim since its release, which was reported by several major websites. PC Gamer praised its length and the lack of a price tag, Polygon described it as "impressive", and The Washington Post called the mod "imaginative " and noted its "unusually difficult" puzzles as a unique aspect. As of August 2017, user reviews of Portal Stories: Mel on Steam are overwhelmingly positive, with 95% of reviewers praising the game one way or another.
- Portal Stories: Mel is a surprisingly difficult but imaginative game made by fans on The Washington Post
- Portal Stories: Mel on Steam Greenlight
- Portal Stories: Mel has been Greenlit! on Steam Greenlight
- Portal Stories: Mel is huge and challenging and free on PC Gamer
- Portal Stories: Mel is a fan-made prequel to Portal 2, and it's fantastic (and free!) on Polygon