||This article is about a mod.
The subject matter of this article was conceived by third-party developers and is therefore deemed both non-canon and non-official. It cannot be used as a relevant source in articles on official subjects.
Operation Black Mesa is an upcoming modification for Half-Life 2 and a complete Source conversion of Half-Life: Opposing Force. While it could be considered as a companion to the mod Black Mesa, the two developer teams are not associated.
A list of features planned for the final release:
- Complete re-creation of all twelve chapters from the original game.
- Models that push the limits of the Source engine.
- Multiplayer, including Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch with all the original levels fleshed out. A "capture the flag" mode may be included, but not in early releases.
- New voices, sounds, and visuals.
- Level design tweaks to utilize the advanced physics engine introduced in Half Life 2.
- A remixed soundtrack including enhanced music from the original along with new tracks.
- New scripted scenes.
- Mod DB – Top Unreleased Mod for 2007 (5th place)
- Mod DB – Honorable mention for Top Unreleased Mod for 2009
- Mod DB - Mod of the year 2010 - Players Choice (3rd Place)
 Concept art
Concept art for Incoming.
Concept art for Welcome to Black Mesa.
Concept art for "We Are Pulling Out".
Concept art for Missing in Action.
Concept art for We Are Not Alone.
Concept art for Crush Depth.
Concept art for Vicarious Reality.
Concept art "The Package".
Welcome to Black Mesa screenshot.
"We Are Pulling Out" screenshot.
Missing in Action screenshot.
Friendly Fire screenshot.
Foxtrot Uniform screenshot.
 External links