Operation Black Mesa
|This article is about a mod.|
The subject matter of this article was conceived by third-party developers and is therefore deemed both non-canon and non-official. It cannot be used as a relevant source in articles on official subjects.
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
|Operation Black Mesa|
Jannic "Uphys" Böhme, Rich "beckett007" Douglas, Rubes
Operation Black Mesa is an upcoming modification for Half-Life 2 and a complete Source conversion of Half-Life: Opposing Force. While it could be considered as a companion to the third-party remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa, the two developer teams are not associated.
A list of features planned for the final release:
- Complete re-creation of all twelve chapters from the original game.
- Models that push the limits of the Source engine.
- Multiplayer, including Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch with all the original levels fleshed out. A "capture the flag" mode may be included, but not in early releases.
- New voices, sounds, and visuals.
- Level design tweaks to utilize the advanced physics engine introduced in Half Life 2.
- A remixed soundtrack including enhanced music from the original along with new tracks.
- New scripted scenes.
- Mod DB – Top Unreleased Mod for 2007 (5th place)
- Mod DB – Honorable mention for Top Unreleased Mod for 2009
- Mod DB - Mod of the year 2010 - Players Choice (3rd Place)
- Mod DB - Honourable mention of Top Unreleased Mod of 2011 
- Mod DB - Best upcoming Mod of 2013 (1st Place) 
 Concept art
- ↑ Tripminestudios forums
- ↑ Mod DB Top Unreleased Mod for 2007
- ↑ Honorable mention at the Mod DB Top Unreleased Mod for 2009
- ↑ http://www.moddb.com/events/2010-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/players-choice-upcoming-modification-2010
- ↑ http://www.moddb.com/events/2011-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100
- ↑ http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-black-mesa/features/best-upcoming-mod-of-2013-players-choice
- Official website (Studio website)