Portal with RTX
|This article is non-canon.|
The subject matter of this article does not take place in the "real" Half-Life and Portal universe and is considered non-canon.
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by expanding it.
|Portal with RTX|
December 8, 2022
Windows 10 / Windows 11 (64-bit) operating system, Intel i7-6700 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, 25 GB storage space
Windows 10 / Windows 11 (64-bit) operating system, Intel i7-6700 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card, 25 GB SSD storage space
Windows 10 / Windows 11 (64-bit) operating system, Intel i7-12700K or AMD Ryzen 9 5900 processor, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 graphics card, 25 GB SSD storage space
Portal with RTX is a DLC for Portal developed by NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios that was made available for free to all owners of the original game. It was first announced on September 20, 2022 during NVIDIA's GeForce Beyond conference and was released on December 8, 2022.
Created using the company's RTX Remix modding tool as a demonstration of its capabilities, the DLC upgrades the original game's graphics with ray tracing and brand new, high resolution textures and models to better interact with the ray-traced effects. These remade models aim to retain the silhouettes of the original assets so as not to alter their appearance. Emissive effects have been added to particles and certain game elements, such as the High Energy Pellet and Companion Cube now casting lights, and lighting can accurately be cast through the portals themselves.
Several QR codes have been added and hidden throughout the game:
- On the base of all the Aperture Science Radios, if scanned the code will read "blackmesa". The first one initially found in the game where Chell wakes up is accompanied by a RTX 4090 GPU.
- Codes on the base of all the Aperture Science Security Cameras read "omniversekit".
- On Doug Rattmann's makeshift cardboard beds, the code will read "40series". These are also accompanied by a RTX 4090 GPU.
- Inside the makeshift desktop stoves the code will read "bridge".
- A slide on the projector in the Aperture offices now includes a code which will read "deliciousandmoist".
- A final RTX 4090 can be seen among GLaDOS's remains after her defeat; Hoopie falls on top of it.
- Several textures in Test Chamber 17's Rattmann den have been notably altered:
- The calendar now shows it is October 2022, with the 12th circled in green and November 3rd circled in red.
- An advertisement for Aperture's "Award Winning Recipe" cake is crumpled on the floor.
- Also crumpled on the floor, included with The Times' "EARTH SURRENDERS" front page, is a news article concerning a GPU shortage, "When will it end?", and that "It's now time to rebuild your PC", another article headed "Up to 4X" which has its title partially cut off, and an article using the Aperture Science Innovators logo, which was not introduced until after the release of the original Portal in Portal 2.
Older screenshot showing Portal 2 assets.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 NVIDIA RTX Remix: Create & Share #RTXON Mods For Classic Games on Official NVIDIA website (September 20, 2022)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Portal with RTX Free DLC Available December 8, with Full Ray Tracing & NVIDIA DLSS 3 on Official NVIDIA website (November 29, 2022)
- ↑ GeForce Beyond: A Special Broadcast at GTC on YouTube
- ↑ Portal with RTX Reimagines Valve’s Classic with Full Ray Tracing, NVIDIA DLSS & NVIDIA Reflex on Official NVIDIA website (September 20, 2022)
- Portal with RTX on Steam
- Portal with RTX on Official NVIDIA website
- Portal with RTX | World Premiere on YouTube