||This is a quote article.
This article is a transcript of all of the quotes from a given character or entity.
The following is a list of quotes from the G-Man.
Sound files lacking official embedded subtitle data are denoted in red.
- gman_suit: Gordon Freeman in the flesh. Or rather, in the hazard suit. I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons; most of them were government property. As for the suit, I think you’ve earned it.
- gman_nasty: The borderworld, Xen, is in our control for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there. I am impressed.
- gman_potential: That’s why I’m here, Mr. Freeman. I have recommended your services to my employers, and they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree with me that you have limitless potential.
- gman_stepin: You’ve proved yourself a decisive man, so I don’t expect you’ll have any trouble deciding what to do. If you’re interested, just step into the portal and I will take that as a yes.
- gman_otherwise: Otherwise...well...I can offer you a battle you have no chance of winning. Rather an anticlimax, after what you’ve just survived.
- gman_choose1: Time to choose.
- gman_choose2: It's time to choose.
- gman_wise: Wisely done, Mr. Freeman. I will see you up ahead.
- gman_nowork: Well, it looks like we won't be working together.
- gman_noreg: No regrets, Mr. Freeman.
- gman_noregret (unused): Well, it looks like we won't be working together. No regrets, Mr. Freeman, but there are a few survivors of your personal holocaust who would like the chance to meet the man responsible for the total annihilation of their race.
- of7a0_gm01: So, Corporal Shephard, we meet at last. Please, don't think that I've been avoiding you, a great many matters require my attention in these...troubled times. I do hope you understand, and now I require a further indulgence on your part. I cannot close my report until every loose end has been tied up. The biggest embarrassment has been Black Mesa facility, but I think that's finally taken care of itself.
- of7a0_gm02: Quite so.
- of7a0_gm03: But there is still the lingering matter of witnesses. I admit I have a fascination with those who adapt and survive against all odds. They rather remind me of myself. If for no other reason, I have argued to preserve you for a time.
- of7a0_gm04: While I believe a civil servant like yourself understands the importance of...discretion, my employers are not quite so trusting, and rather than continually subject you to the irresistible human temptation of telling all, we have decided to...convey you to somewhere where you can do no possible harm, and where no harm can come to you. I'm sure you can imagine there are worse alternatives.
- gman_05: So nice to have you with us, Mister Freeman.
- gman_06: Well, well, isn't this just like old times.
- gman_07: We've been rather busy in your absence, Mister Freeman.
- gman_08: That will be all.
- gman_09: That's all for now.
- gman_10: Pay attention, mister Freeman, I'm only going to say this once..
- gman_11: I will see you up ahead.
- gman_12: Cleverly done, Mr. Freeman, but you're not supposed to be here. As a matter of fact, you're not. Get back where you belong, and forget all about this, until we meet again.
- gman_riseshine: Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine.
- gman_02: Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world could have gone to waste until...well, let's just say your hour has come again.
- gman_03: The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
- gman_04: So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes.
- gman_exit01: Time, Dr. Freeman?
- gman_exit02: Is it really that time again?
- gman_exit03: It seems as if you only just arrived.
- gman_exit04: You've done a great deal in a small timespan.
- gman_exit05: You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily, I wouldn't contemplate them. But these are extraordinary times.
- gman_exit06: Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you...if and when your time comes around again.
- gman_exit07: I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of...well...
- gman_exit08: I'm really not at liberty to say.
- gman_exit09: In the meantime...
- gman_exit10: This is where I get off.
- gman_mono01 - gman_mono04: Doctor Freeman. I realize this moment may not be the most convenient for a heart-to-heart, but I had to wait until your friends were otherwise occupied. Hm.
- gman_mono05 - gman_mono10: There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance...When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor. It seems they've grown to share my estimation of her worth. When I plucked her from Black Mesa, I acted in the face of objections that she was a mere child and of no practical use to anyone. I have learned to ignore such naysayers when quelling them was out of the question. [breathing]
- gman_mono11 - gman_mono13: Still, I am not one to squander my investments.. and I remain confident she was worth far more than the initial... appraisal.
- gman_mono14 - gman_mono18: That's why I must now extract from you some small repayment owed for your own survival. I'm not asking for anything that goes against your nature.
- gman_mono19 - gman_mono24: Merely the favor of her continued protection, while she acts as medium for a message of some importance. See her safely to White Forest, Doctor Freeman. She may require more care than was previously the case. [breathing]
- gman_mono25 - gman_mono27: I wish I could do more than keep an eye on you, but I have agreed to abide by certain... restrictions.
- gman_mono28 - gman_mono29: Mmm. Well... Now... Listen carefully, my dear. When you see your father relay these words: Prepare for unforeseen consequences.