The Osprey makes its first appearance near the end of the chapter "We've Got Hostiles" (this appearance marks the ending of Half-Life's first demo, Half-Life: Day One), on the surface of Sector D. It can also be seen in the Topside Motorpool in the chapter Surface Tension where HECU troops are unloaded and fight Alien Grunts. The Osprey is unarmed and thus cannot harm the player, but it continually deploys a group of soldiers who rappel down from the aircraft on ropes every so often. The two rotors serve as weak points vulnerable even to small arms fire.
 Half-Life: Opposing Force
At the beginning of Opposing Force, Shephard is transported in Goose 7, an Osprey, through a canyon along with his squad towards the Black Mesa Research Facility until it is attacked by Alien Crafts and shot down, along with Goose 3. At the end of the game, Shephard is teleported to a similar craft for the G-Man ending sequence.
 Half-Life: Decay
In Decay, an Osprey is encountered in the Black Mesa Air Control chapter, Code Green, where it is first seen through a window lifting off as the level begins. Later, it returns and constantly unloads HECU troops until it is destroyed or the player proceeds further.
 Behind the scenes
- The Prima Guide claims that the Osprey can fire chain gun and rockets at the player but less frequently than the Apache. According to Steve Theodore, this is a mistake.
- The Opposing Force files feature a model of what appears to be a Black Ops version of the Osprey, though it never appears in-game. The Black Ops Apache, which was not cut, features similar black coloring.
- As seen in an early Decay screenshot, the players were to find a partially dismantled Osprey in the mission Hangar which was ultimately cut from the game, leaving the model unseen in the final game. Unused dialogue also indicated that this mission would have featured a battle with an enemy Osprey continuously offloading soldiers. This event was moved to the previous mission, Code Green.
- The Half-Life 2 leak files feature models with temporary textures of parts of an Osprey which was to be used instead of the C-130 by Gordon and Alyx to travel from the Weather Control to the Skyscraper.
 Half-Life and its expansions
HECU soldiers gathering at Santego before leaving.
 Half-Life 2 leak
 List of appearances
- Half-Life: Day One (First appearance)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Half-Life: Decay
- Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar
|Vehicles, vessels and transportation|
|Aperture Science transportation||Borealis · Teleportation|
|Black Mesa transportation||Black Mesa SUV · Black Mesa Transit System · Black Mesa truck · Rail Cart · Teleportation|
|Black Ops transportation||AH-64 Apache · M44 cargo truck|
|HECU transportation||AH-64 Apache · Jet · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M44 cargo truck · Osprey Heliplane|
|Combine transportations||Advisor Platform · Armored Personnel Carrier · Hunter-Chopper · Razor Train · Teleportation|
|Resistance transportation||Airboat · Mil Mi-8 · Muscle Car · Scout Car · Teleportation|
|Xen transportation||Alien Craft · Teleportation|
|Trainstations||City 17 Trainstation · Depot · Technical Trainstation|
|Other||Rail transport · Road transport|
|Black Ops (cut)||Osprey Heliplane|
|Combine (cut)||AirEx Truck · C-130 · Combine SWAT Truck · M2A3 Bradley · Merkava · Osprey Heliplane · School Bus|
|Resistance (cut)||Borealis · C-130 · Jalopy · Jet Ski · Osprey Heliplane · Submarine|
|Other (cut)||Digger · Stealth|
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Minor members · Dwight T. Barnes · Sharp · Adrian Shephard|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Weapons||9mm Pistol · Artillery Cannon · Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dynamite · Fragmentation Grenade · Gun Emplacement · Land Mine · Laser Trip Mine · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M-40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mortar · Submachine Gun · Rocket Cannon · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · Shotgun · Tripod-Mounted Heavy Machine Gun|
|Transportation||AH-64 Apache · Jet · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M44 cargo truck · Osprey Heliplane|
|Technology||Chargers · Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Transportation · Weapons|
|Other||Hazardous Environment Combat Unit models · Military Police · Robot Grunt · Santego Military Base|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant|
|Weapons (cut)||20mm Cannon|
|The Black Ops|
|Weapons||9mm Pistol · Fragmentation Grenade · Laser Trip Mine · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M-40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mortar · Submachine Gun · Sentry Gun · Tripod-Mounted Heavy Machine Gun|
|Transportation||AH-64 Apache · M44 cargo truck|
|Technology||Cloaking field · Transportation · Weapons|
|Weapons (cut)||Crossbow · Flash Grenade|
|Transportation (cut)||Osprey Heliplane|