For other uses, see Jones (disambiguation).
June 22, 1966
1996 – 2003
Chuck Jones is an artist who worked at Valve.
Jones has been in the video games industry since 1993. He studied at University of North Texas where he graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts. After college, he worked as a tattoo artist in Dallas, and tagged Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains. He had previously worked at 3D Realms (along with Doug Wood) on video games such as Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior. In 1996, he was contacted by a recruiter, put on a plane, and flown to Seattle. He liked the opportunities he saw at Valve and joined the company.
Jones was responsible for concepts/designs of characters, animations, scripted sequences, and weapon models for Half-Life. He created half of character content in game, provided test animations for scripted sequence development, illustrations for marketing assets, and was responsible for character and weapon rigging.
- Half-Life (1998)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force (1999)
- Half-Life (Dreamcast port) (2001)
- Half-Life (PlayStation 2 port) (2001)
- Half-Life: Blue Shift (2001)
- Chuck Jones - Illustrator/3D Artist
- Chuck joins Valve from Apogee/3D Realms where he was an artist and animator for Duke Nukem 3D, Rise of the Triad, Shadow Warrior and, most recently, the Duke Nukem Plutonium Pack. Formerly a tattoo artist, Chuck tagged Jerry Cantrell of rock group Alice In Chains long before he created the space aliens who invaded Los Angeles.