This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
He is, with Faliszek, the creator of the now defunct website Old Man Murray. He shares today an office at Valve with Faliszek and Laidlaw. The latter states about Wolpaw and Faliszek on his personal blog that "for years, Chet and Erik were legendary figures of mythic status to me. They still are, except now I can throw things over my shoulder and hit them."
On Valve's official website, his function is described as follows: "Erik Wolpaw's father attended Yale, became a successful lawyer, got disbarred, lost everything, and went to jail for a while. Later, he and Erik lived in a horrible ghetto apartment where Erik used the Yale Alumni magazine to smash cockroaches. From this inauspicious start, Erik eventually went on to not graduate high school. Now he writes dialog for video games such as Psychonauts and Portal. Prior to that he was a freelance writer and before that he co-founded Old Man Murray. It's not like he's a surgeon or anything, but it's not too bad, considering."
- Half-Life 2: Episode One (2006)
- Portal (2007)
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (2007)
- Portal: Still Alive (2008)
- Portal 2 (2011)
- "Game Developers Choice Online Awards - Archive - 8th Annual GDCA at the Game Developers Choice Awards official website
- GameInformer, April 2010 issue
- "Game Developers Choice Online Awards - Archive - 6th Annual GDCA at the Game Developers Choice Awards official website
- Not So Few Monstrosities : Links
- Company People on Valve's official website
- Old Man Murray
- Valve's Writers And The Creative Process - interview of Laidlaw and Wolpaw
- Writer's Block: Portal 2 Writers Roundtable on Game Informer