2007 - Present
Morasky worked with Valve as a contractor before joining the company full time around six months prior to the release of The Orange Box. At Valve, Morasky has composed the music for Portal (with Kelly Bailey), Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 (including composing and playing the guitar, keyboard and bass for the fictional hard rock band "Midnight Riders"), Portal 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. In 2020, Morasky composed the soundtrack for Half-Life: Alyx, succeeding Bailey as the primary composer of the Half-Life series.
Morasky was part of the now defunct hardcore punk/noise rock band "Steel Pole Bath Tub", which he founded in 1986 with Dale Flattum. S.P.B.T. disbanded in 2002.
In the MP3 tags of the official Portal 2 soundtrack, Morasky is credited as "Aperture Science Psychoacoustic Laboratories".
- Portal (2007) (additional music)
- Portal 2 (2011)
- The Lab (2016) (reused Portal 2 music)
- Moondust (2018) (reused Portal 2 music)
- Aperture Hand Lab (2019) (reused Portal 2 music)
- Half-Life: Alyx (2020)
- Mike Morasky - Composer
- Morasky's life and career looks alot like one of the post-modern audio collages he is so fond of creating. Guitar player in a full-time bar band in Montana as a teen, award winning experimental composer in Tokyo, audio hardware programmer in Sillicon Valley, underground art rocker touring the world, 3d animator and director for television, electronic audio collage artist in France and Japan, visual fx artist on the Lord of the Rings and Matrix Trilogies, AI animation instructor at an art college and currently he is applying some combination of all these things to games at Valve.
- Mike Morasky
- Morasky's life and career sounds a lot like one of the post-modern audio collages he is so fond of creating. Teenage guitar player in a bar band in Montana; award-winning experimental composer in Tokyo; audio hardware programmer in Silicon Valley; underground art rocker touring the world; 3D animator and director for television; electronic audio collage artist in France and Japan; visual fx artist on The Lord of the Rings and Matrix trilogies; AI animation instructor at an art college. These days, Mike is doing some combination of all these things at Valve.
- Portal 2's dynamic music on GamesRadar
|Real world people|