Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator
From Combine OverWiki, the original Half-Life wiki and Portal wiki
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
|Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator|
- The Emergency Intelligence Incinerator is first seen in Test Chamber 17 when Chell is required to "euthanize" her Weighted Companion Cube.
- The Emergency Intelligence Incinerator works via a small button pedestal, which opens an iris over the top of the incinerator (a reference to the Aperture Science logo). The flame symbol and the word "CAUTION" are inscribed around its rim. The incinerator may be related to the Diversity Furnace.
- Another incinerator is featured in GLaDOS' chamber; Chell uses it to destroy all four of GLaDOS' Personality Cores.
- It should be noted that the Intelligence Incinerator is only active when the iris is open; the flames stop after the iris closes.
- Since, according to GLaDOS, all Aperture Science technologies remain operational at up to 4000 kelvin, the Emergency Intelligence Incinerator has to be at a higher temperature than that in order to actually incinerate their devices.
- The incinerator in Portal 2 is first seen in GLaDOS' ruined chamber. Shortly after GLaDOS is reawakened, she drops Chell into it in order to retrieve the dual Portal Device. This is also where it is revealed that the emergency intelligence incinerators lead down to the Incinerator Room, far down in the Aperture Science facilities.
- The Emergency Intelligence Incinerator is seen once again in the game's fifth chapter, within the facility's turret production lines. It is used to incinerate any defective turrets that failed its manufacturing process in basing off of the facility's template for the turrets.
List of appearances
- Portal (First appearance)
- Portal: Still Alive (Non-canonical appearance)
- PotatoFoolsDay ARG
- Portal 2