Aperture Science Switch
From Combine OverWiki, the original Half-Life wiki and Portal wiki
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
|Aperture Science Switch|
- The Switch is the pedestal equivalent of the 1500 Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button. Both can be connected to various elements in the chamber. However, unlike the Button, it does not have to be held down by the weight of objects or the player.
- The Switch tends to have a timer, which will delay its deactivation until the timer stops ticking.
- Switches can be pressed both while moving, or while in the air.
- In Portal 2, Switches can be activated through grates or from the opposite side of a portal. This is never made use of in the game, but some custom maps utilize this as a key part of solving a puzzle.
The switch as it was in the 1950s, as seen in Test Shaft 09 in Portal 2.
Aperture Science Switch icon in Perpetual Testing Initiative.
List of appearances
- Portal: First Slice
- Portal: Still Alive (Non-canonical appearance)
- Portal Pinball (Non-canonical appearance)
- Lego Dimensions (Non-canonical appearance)