|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
- The barricades seen in the Half-Life 2 story arc range from small Emplacement Guns emplacements that can be set up in a minute to full-sized barricades cordoning off entire streets.
- Instead of regular windows they have a liquid-looking, solid Force Field variant that offers ample protection against weapons.
- The doors that the large barricades have are multi-sectioned and mounted on mechanical arms.
- Barricades are often installed at Combine security checkpoints in City 17 and sometimes have Force Fields that allow Citizens with the correct permissions through.
- Combat style barricades often include button-controlled mechanical gates. The only way to get past these gates is to find a way around and hit the button to open it, or wait for a Combine unit to come through, kill them, and run through the door before it closes.
Behind the scenes
Cremators near a barricade and a Door Tower in
A Barricade on a street in the Combine Factories area.
The same Barricade opened by a Door Tower.
Citizen approaching a Barricade equipped with a Camera.
A large defensive Barricade blocking a street in City 17.
List of appearances
- Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, page 190