From Combine OverWiki, the original Half-Life wiki and Portal wiki
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
The Combine Dispenser is a device used to distribute several types of things.
- In the City 17 Trainstation main hall, the Combine Dispenser distributes food packages to Citizens, as seen in the Half-Life 2 chapter Point Insertion. In the chapter Water Hazard, several ones dispense Manhacks.
- The food distributed from the ration dispenser apparently has a very unlikable taste as several Citizens can be heard commenting on the poor quality of the rations, even to the extent of considering joining Civil Protection "just to get a decent meal".
- The device is grey-blue and beige colored, and features "8991 C17 :" on the bottom left, as well as what appears to be "xele: 1022-1130" and "neld: 0000-1021" right under.
- The dispenser also appears in the Half-Life 2: Deathmatch map Lockdown, where it has the same function as the Charger.
- The food package carried by Citizen NPCs is coded with the properties of a weapon. Typing the command
give weapon_citizenpackagewill grant the package to the player as a "weapon"; the player will see the package's worldmodel, as no viewmodel exists. Attempting to use it has no effect, and once another weapon is chosen, the package cannot be easily re-equipped. The HUD icon to appear after spawning is that of the cut MP5K, noted as "SMG1", its other name shared with the retail SMG, the MP7. A similar thing happens with Alyx's Gun, also spawning as the worldmodel since it is only intended to be used by Alyx, although it can be used.
List of appearances
- Half-Life 2 (First appearance)