Aperture Science Vital Apparatus Vent
|Warning! This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality, per our Cleanup Project. It may contain factual errors and nonsense, as well as spelling, grammar and structure issues, or simply structure problems. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
|Vital Apparatus Vent|
Product delivery system
The Aperture Science Vital Apparatus Vent is the final part of a Pipe Network that distributes Weighted Storage Cubes, Sentry Turrets, robot parts, and various other testing elements into the test chambers of the Enrichment Center.
- Located on ceilings, they are connected to the Pipe Network which uses pneumatic air pressure to transport testing elements throughout the facility. The Vital Apparatus Vent is the delivery component and is often used by Chell or ATLAS and P-body.
- In Test Chamber 16 of Portal, a damaged vent is randomly opening and closing, allowing a large pile of cubes to build up below it. It was probably intentionally sabotaged by Doug Rattmann, explaining the presence of a radio, a set of tools and a coffee mug, as well as a black hand-print on the wall.
- The improved model of the Apparatus Vents in Portal 2 has a white component surrounding above it. This component is similar to that of a Pneumatic Diversity Vent, and is most likely used to slow down the acceleration of objects to prevent breaking Apparatus Vents.
- The Pneumatic Diversity Vent functions as the opposite of the Vital Apparatus Vents, instead transporting and accelerating products throughout the Enrichment Center.
- The Vital Apparatus Vent is also used to provide new copies of ATLAS and P-body from an unseen Reassembly Machine when they are destroyed.
- A further variant is seen when Chell rides the Excursion Funnel towards Wheatley's lair, horizontally aligned with a grid over most of its mouth, accepting Aperture Science Bombs.
Vital Apparatus Vent as seen in Portal.
Vital Apparatus Vent in Test Chamber 04.
Introducing the Companion Cube through a Vital Apparatus Vent in Test Chamber 17.
Apparatus Vent sign seen in the Test Shaft 09.
List of appearances
- Portal: First Slice
- Portal: Still Alive (Non-canonical appearance)
- Portal Pinball (Non-canonical appearance)