|This article is within the scope of the Portal OverWiki Project, an attempt to improve articles related to Portal, Portal 2 and Lego Dimensions.|
Please see the project page for more details about the current article status.
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
The Computer Intelligence Training and Enrichment Center, Human Test Subject Research Center or CInTEC, referred to by GLaDOS as the Hub for brevity, is a large, towering room that is the selection point for each of the Cooperative Testing Courses throughout the Aperture Science Enrichment Center in Portal 2.
- Throughout the cooperative campaign, ATLAS and P-body use the Hub in order to select different Test Courses to explore. The courses, in order, are called: "Team Building", "Mass and Velocity", "Hard Light Surfaces", "Excursion Funnels", "Mobility Gels" and "Art Therapy".
- After completing a course, the next is opened, allowing access to more chambers. In cases where one player has opened more courses than the other, it defaults to the more-experienced player.
- A large screen features both separate and combined information of the players, including how many steps each has taken, number of portals placed, disasters averted, collaboration points, numbers of times they hugged, and so on.
- The Hub may have been designed and entirely constructed by GLaDOS alone as the cooperative testing initiative was her creation.
Behind the scenes
The Hub was originally non-linear, with all courses open from the beginning. The intent was to let players move on to other courses should the ones they are attempting frustrate them. However, this confused players, so the developers opted for a linear path of courses.
- If a player presses the "use" button on the small "409" box next to the level select panel, it will emit a purple light and sounds of the turrets in cheerful free fall lines.
- If viewed through the Player View window, the statistics screen appears completely black.
- In the hallways where the player can choose what level to play, the monitors display the cake recipe seen on computers in the original Portal.
List of appearances
|Portal 2 co-op journey||Succeeded by|