Aperture Science High Energy Pellet
From Combine OverWiki, the original Half-Life wiki and Portal wiki
(Redirected from Energy Pellet)
This article is about the Aperture Science energy ball. For the Combine ball, see Energy Ball.
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
|Aperture Science High Energy Pellet|
- An energy ball that kills Test Subjects in a single hit and thus must be avoided at all costs, it is used in Test Chambers to allow Test Subjects to proceed further, by opening doors, raising or lowering platforms, or activating Unstationary Scaffolds. To do so, the ball is launched by its launcher and must reach its catcher. Most of the time Test Subjects have to direct it through a portal so that it reaches the catcher. Once placed, the catcher closes, holding the ball inside, the ball launcher stops creating energy balls, and the linked object(s) opens and/or activates.
- High Energy Pellets tend to disintegrate after a few seconds, typically twelve or sixteen seconds. A new one is then deployed after a short delay.
- It also includes a green variant that never disintegrates. It is seen in Test Chamber 19.
- The High Energy Pellet is first introduced in Test Chamber 06 and is present in most of the following Test Chambers. In Test Chamber 17, Chell must use two corridors where Energy Pellets come and go. This is where the Weighted Companion Cube is introduced to protect her against the balls.
- It can also be used against Sentry Turrets. However it just pushes them and does not destroy them.
- The Pellet appears to recharge when going through portals, which will lengthen its life by six seconds if its current lifetime is less than six seconds.
Behind the scenes
- Although the Pellet itself is not used in Portal 2, the launcher makes three appearances, and the catcher appears too. In GLaDOS' Test Chamber 01, the launcher and catcher are seen being replaced with Thermal Discouragement Beam emitter and catcher respectively. In ruined Test Chamber 07, the launcher's workings can be seen, however, the launcher to be yellow cone-shaped device much larger than the actual launcher on the workings. In the ruins of Test Chamber 19, the Pellet Launcher can be seen but the reciever cannot.
- If the spawn code is used for this prop in Portal 2, an untextured cube will appear.
List of appearances
- Portal: First Slice
- Portal: Still Alive (Non-canonical appearance)
- Portal ARG
- PotatoFoolsDay ARG
- The Final Hours of Portal 2
- Portal Pinball (Non-canonical appearance) (Emitter and catcher only)
- Lego Dimensions (Non-canonical appearance)