Co-op Test Shaft
|Please see the project page for more details about the current article status.|
|The title of this article is unofficial.|
Although this article is based on official information, the actual name of this subject was created for the wiki.
|Warning! This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality, per our Cleanup Project. It may contain factual errors and nonsense, as well as spelling, grammar and structure issues, or simply structure problems. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
This article is a stub. Maybe you can help by .
|Co-op Test Shaft|
This unnamed Co-op Test Shaft featured in the cooperative campaign of Portal 2 is one of the nine Enrichment Shafts from the salt mines owned by Aperture Science Innovators, found underneath the computer-aided Enrichment Center.
This test shaft had originally ran through cooperative testing during the vintage era, but was later utilized by GLaDOS after she gains more sight of the facility with previous help of ATLAS and P-body, as part of the Cooperative Testing Courses. It is featured within Test Course 5: Mobility Gels.
- After GLaDOS gains complete sight over the Enrichment Center, she discovers that there are hundreds if not thousands of human subjects kept in cryogenic stasis within a locked Extended Relaxation Annex, located just past this shaft. Unable to unlock the vault, she sends ATLAS and P-body to achieve her objective.
- Like Test Shaft 09, this shaft was designed to test Mobility Gels but with two test subjects testing together, but only the Repulsion and Propulsion Gels. However according to GLaDOS this did not work, as humans "treat their friends as enemies", hence attempting to complete these tests with ATLAS and P-body.
- Given the presence of the Propulsion Gel, the shaft was built sometime in the 70s and was later tempered and adjusted to the modern Aperture testing elements by GLaDOS.
- The shaft is connected to the Hub through elevators, and to the Extended Relaxation Annex through a gargantuan hatch. As seen in Test Shaft 09, it is also connected to the other Enrichment Shafts through an underground train network.
- While Chell had only ventured throughout Test Shaft 09, ATLAS and P-body were sent possibly further through the salt mines under orders from GLaDOS to recover stored human Test Subjects in the Extended Relaxation Annex.
The shaft is made of 11 Enrichment Spheres.
 Enrichment Sphere 01
 Enrichment Sphere 02
Includes an Excursion Funnel combined with the Repulsion Gel in order to reach a distant platform.
 Enrichment Sphere 03
Contains two test chambers, both including a Hard Light Bridge as a surface for placing the Gel.
 Enrichment Sphere 04
Introduced the two-walls technique to jump on with the Gel, eventually a Hard Light Bridge being later the second wall.
 Enrichment Sphere 05
 Enrichment Sphere 06
 Enrichment Sphere 07
This second to last sphere includes time restriction to pick up the cube through the Propulsion Gel.
 Enrichment Sphere 08
The final sphere mixes the previous testing elements to approach to the Human Vault, but cuts off the Hard Light Bridge.
 Enrichment Sphere 09
This sphere is empty and out of ATLAS and P-body's reach.
 Enrichment Sphere 10
 Enrichment Sphere 11
 Behind the scenes
The Enrichment Shafts are what remains of the game F-STOP, which originally was to be a prequel to Portal set during Cave Johnson's era, hence the old-fashioned design of the areas. It was not to feature portals, and Johnson was to be a protagonist later turning antagonist, a role adapted for Wheatley in the final game.
The shaft appears to start from the top, while the others from the bottom, but it simply could have been reworked by GLaDOS to make ATLAS and P-body enter the Vault.
 Logos, signs and posters
 List of appearances
- Portal 2 (Сooperative campaign only) (First appearance)
|Portal 2 co-op journey||Succeeded by|
Aperture Science Extended Relaxation Annex