|The contents of this article have been cut.|
The subject matter of this article contains in-development information that was cut from the final version of an official and/or canonical source and appears in no other canonical source. It may also contain incomplete information since not all cut material is publicly known.
- It was to work exactly like Gordon's trademark crowbar and hit at a faster speed, but was significantly weaker in damage.
- Too similar to the crowbar, the Ice Axe was caught in the cut of the Borealis chapter and the other Arctic levels.
- According to Half-Life 2: Episode Three concept art, it may make a return in the next Half-Life game, at least as a tool used by NPCs.
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Ice Axe is among them.
- The Ice Axe is available in the mod Missing Information, in the Borealis chapter.
- As seen in the Half-Life 2 sound files, the crowbar swing sound is named "iceaxe_swing1.wav".