||This article is about a mod.
The subject matter of this article was conceived by third-party developers and is therefore deemed both non-canon and non-official. It cannot be used as a relevant source in articles on official subjects.
||Warning! This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality, per our Cleanup Project. It may contain factual errors and nonsense, as well as spelling, grammar and structure issues, or simply structure problems. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
Please notice the administrators before removing this template, or you will be blocked.
Sven Co-op (usually abbreviated as SC) is a multiplayer modification for Half-Life. It is one of the oldest Half-Life mods to be still in development.
This mod is a cooperative game, where players must work together against AI-controlled enemies and solve puzzles as a team. The majority of the maps are user-created with the exception of the original maps created by the Sven Co-op developers. Some of the most popular maps are 'Crystal' , 'The Escape Series' and 'Osprey'.
 Pre-existing Weapons
 New Weapons
- Medkit - Allows you to heal other players by 10 points and revive non-gibbed ones for 50. Although a player can only carry a max of 100, the points regenerate over time.
- 9mm Uzi - 32 round submachine gun. Can be held in akimbo (duel-wield) for more power but a longer reload time. Donators can use Golden Uzis, which do considerably more damage.
- MP5 - Fires in Full Automatic, secondary fire zooms in.
- 5.56mm M16 w/ M203 grenade launcher - Fires in a 3 round burst. Grenades now have to be individually prepared before firing.
- 5.56mm Minigun - Unlike other weapons, must be picked up off the ground using E, and must be dropped before using another weapon. Fires in full-auto, with a long revving up time. Uses a single 600 round clip, additional ammo is added to the clip through SCXPM Ammo regeneration, picking up other miniguns, etc.
Sven Co-op (as its name suggests) is a game that relies on cooperative effort. This could include simple tactics such as boosting another player to allow access to an otherwise unreachable area, working as a team to defeat enemies or "bosses" (usually used as term to refer to a final enemy/enemies that are tougher or the toughest of the normal enemies), healing teammates, or even reviving fallen teammates. Battles are action-packed, with a variety of enemies, ranging from Hazardous Environment Combat Unit to Xen and Race X creatures.
Although some maps are included with sven co-op, the majority are made by the community. Maps come in all shapes and sizes. Some are very long or in a series (e.g. The escape series where the players are "used as lab rats", and decide to escape), and some can be very short (e.g. sc_subway train where you and the team of players gets to the osprey helicopter). The gameplay ranges from standard walkthrough maps, where players fight their way from point A to point B with little story, to maps where several players fool around in an amusement park-like area. There are also tower defense maps, where players must survive an onslaught of enemies, and even "Maze" maps where players must navigate through large, complex mazes.
Sven Co-op 2, using the Source engine, is in development. The developers have stated they will not continue it untill they complete the Half-life version. A supposed (but unconfirmed) statement from the developers states they will continue work on Half-Life for the forseeable future. This remains unconfirmed however.
 External links