This article is about the HECU APC. For the Combine APC, see Armored Personnel Carrier.
3 + 6
25mm chaingun or TOW missile launcher
N/A (brush (the turret itself is named "func_breakable")
The M2A3 Bradley is a US military infantry fighting vehicle used by the HECU during the Black Mesa Incident. Its main uses are to transport troops around the facility and provide them support with heavy firepower.
- The Bradley can only be destroyed by explosives (such as the RPG) or other heavy weapons such as the Tau Cannon. Small arms fire will not cause any damage to the Bradley whatsoever.
- Two types of Bradleys can be found in the games: one equipped with a 25mm cannon, another with a rocket launcher. The rocket-equipped Bradleys are easier to destroy, because the rockets they fire can be avoided and even guided back to the tank by the player with the RPG's laser. The cannon-equipped Bradleys are more difficult to destroy. Not only do they shoot faster, but the projectiles cannot be seen, making them harder to dodge.
- When on top of it, the Bradley can be destroyed with the crowbar.
- Unlike the M1A1 Abrams tank, the Bradley's turret can swivel 360 degrees, making it impossible to sneak up on the vehicle from behind.
- It also can be defeated by backfire. With the RPG's laser guide, it is possible to guide the Bradley's rockets back at it.
 Behind the scenes
- Unused camouflage textures for the Bradley can be found in the Half-Life game files. It is unknown whether they were used in old builds of Half-Life or are leftovers of the early Team Fortress 2.
- Although a model is present in the Decay files, it does not appear in-game. Its only animations are related to the back door opening (happening in the Topside Motorpool in Half-Life), and for the turret moving around and aiming. The inside textures are not completed like in the brush versions seen in-game.
- As with many vehicles that appears in Half-Life, the M2A3 Bradley can be seen in some Counter-Strike maps, for example, in Piranesi, there is a Bradley in the Counter-Terrorist base.
- As seen in the Weather Control story fragment featured in Raising the Bar, Bradleys were to be used by the Half-Life 2 Conscripts.
 List of appearances
|Vehicles, vessels and transportation|
|Aperture Science transportation||Borealis · Teleportation|
|Black Mesa transportation||Black Mesa SUV · Black Mesa Transit System · Black Mesa truck · Rail cart · Teleportation|
|Black Ops transportation||AH-64 Apache · M44 cargo truck|
|HECU transportation||AH-64 Apache · Jet · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M44 cargo truck · Osprey Heliplane|
|Combine transportations||Advisor Platform · Armored Personnel Carrier · Hunter-Chopper · Razor Train · Teleportation|
|Resistance transportation||Airboat · Mil Mi-8 · Muscle Car · Scout Car · Teleportation|
|Xen transportation||Alien Craft · Teleportation|
|Trainstations||City 17 Trainstation · Depot · Technical Trainstation|
|Other||Rail transport · Road transport|
|Black Ops (cut)||Osprey Heliplane|
|Combine (cut)||AirEx Truck · C-130 · Combine SWAT Truck · M2A3 Bradley · Merkava · Osprey Heliplane · School Bus|
|Resistance (cut)||Borealis · C-130 · Jalopy · Jet Ski · Osprey Heliplane · Submarine|
|Other (cut)||Digger · Stealth|
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Minor members · Dwight T. Barnes · Sharp · Adrian Shephard|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Weapons||9mm Pistol · Artillery Cannon · Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dynamite · Fragmentation Grenade · Gun Emplacement · Land Mine · Laser Trip Mine · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M-40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mortar · Submachine Gun · Rocket Cannon · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · Shotgun · Tripod-Mounted Heavy Machine Gun|
|Transportation||AH-64 Apache · Jet · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M44 cargo truck · Osprey Heliplane|
|Technology||Chargers · Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Transportation · Weapons|
|Other||Hazardous Environment Combat Unit models · Military Police · Robot Grunt · Santego Military Base|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant|
|Weapons (cut)||20mm Cannon|