|The contents of this article have been cut.|
The subject matter of this article contains in-development information that was cut from the final version of an official and/or canonical source and appears in no other canonical source. It may also contain incomplete information since not all cut material is publicly known.
- In early versions of Half-Life 2, the player was to maneuver missiles around certain areas. The HK-707 was to be a static autocannon designed to destroy these missiles with its two cannons. Its model also has a gibs version, showing it was to be destroyable.
- Its design is somewhat similar to the Suppression Device located at the top of the Overwatch Nexus in Half-Life 2 and the texture under its top features shapes resembling the Citadel Core logo.
- It also resembles the HECU-controlled mounted missile launchers seen in the Black Mesa Transit System in Half-Life.
- It is unknown if it was to be automatic or operated by an NPC, although it features a handle on its back.
- Its name is written several times on its body, while the model is simply named "Missile_Defense".
- Its entity, "npc_missiledefense", can still be found in Hammer, but generates an error.