Heavy Machine Gun
For other uses, see Machine Gun (disambiguation).
|The contents of this article have been cut.|
The subject matter of this article contains in-development information that was cut from the final version of an official and/or canonical source and appears in no other canonical source. It may also contain incomplete information since not all cut material is publicly known.
|Heavy Machine Gun|
- In the Half-Life 2 leak, the HMG1 is the only gun that uses heavy rounds.
- It has poor accuracy and can be switched to fire three round bursts. Strangely, each burst will only eat up one unit of ammo. Even in burst-fire mode, it will continue to fire as long as the player holds down the fire key.
- It is very powerful, being able to kill a Combine soldier in only a couple of shots.
- The Overwatch Soldier model has firing animations for this weapon in the playable leak and the final version, the only hint it was to use this weapon.
- It appears to be based on the real-world GR9 by Heckler & Koch.
Behind the scenes
- An older HMG1 model named "v_hkgr9.mdl" can also be found. It is a much less detailed version of the HMG model.
- The number 1 in the HMG1's name hints that there was supposed to be another HMG, but there is no sign of it in the leaked files.
- No worldmodel for the GR9 exists. The pistol worldmodel was used as a temporary model at the time of the file leak.
In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The HMG1 is among them.