From Combine OverWiki, the original Half-Life wiki and Portal wiki
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
- The barricades seen in the Half-Life 2 story arc range from small Emplacement Guns emplacements that can be set up in a minute to full-sized barricades cordoning off entire streets.
- Instead of true windows, they have a sort of liquid looking, solid forcefield that offers ample protection against weapons.
- The doors that the large barricades have are multi-sectioned and mounted on mechanical arms.
- Before City 17's uprising, similar barricades blocked streets on a near-permanent basis to control Citizens movements, but these had Force Fields rather than heavy doors that allowed Citizens with the correct permissions through. Citizens are seen showing their left arm to the mounted cameras watching them, hinting they might have some kind of ID on the wrist, although nothing is seen on the models.
- Combat style barricades often include button-controlled mechanical gates. The only way to get past these gates is to find a way around and hit the button to open it, or wait for a Civil Protection unit to come through, kill them, and run through the door before it closes.
Behind the scenes
Cremators near a barricade and a Door Tower in "
The same Barricade opened by a Door Tower.
A large defensive Barricade blocking a street in City 17.