|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
The Combine Bunker is a structure used as outlying protection on Combine bases, most notably Nova Prospekt, where they guard the area from infiltration along the Coast. They protect gunners within them whilst allowing them to shoot at any enemies within range.
- Seen mostly lining the coast to Nova Prospekt, Combine Bunkers house Overwatch Soldiers and supplies.
- Provided mainly for defense against Antlions and other intruders, Combine Bunkers are virtually bulletproof, with one to three Emplacement Guns protected by defensive Force Fields.
- A small entrance, the Bunker's only weakness, is located at the rear of the structure; the easiest way to take out whoever is in a Bunker would be use of a grenade.
- Combine Bunkers are equipped with radios, as a high-ranking Overwatch Soldier can be heard sending orders to overrun outposts. Some bunkers also house alarm switches.
- Some of the bunkers on the Nova Prospekt perimeter are connected to older, pre-Combine fortifications, recognizable by their concrete construction.
- Two bunkers may also be connected to make a larger one.
Bunkers feature prominently in the second half of the Sandtraps chapter of Half-Life 2, in which Gordon Freeman must overcome the bunker-bound defenders with the help of the swarms of Antlions under his control, all the while disabling the Thumpers that impede the Antlions' progress.