|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
The Combine Bunker is a building used as outlying protection on Combine bases, most notably Nova Prospekt, where they protect from infiltration along the Coast. They protect gunners within them whilst allowing them to shoot at any enemies within range.
- Seen mostly lining the coast to Nova Prospekt, Combine Bunkers house Overwatch Soldiers and supplies.
- Provided mainly for defense against Antlions and other intruders, Combine Bunkers are virtually bulletproof, with one to three Emplacement Guns protected by Force Fields.
- A small entry/exit door, the Bunker's one weakness, is located at the rear of the building; the easiest way to take out whoever is in a Bunker would be use of a grenade. Bunkers also house alarm switches.
- Two bunkers may also be connected to make a larger one.
- Some of the bunkers on the Nova Prospekt perimeter are connected to older, pre-Combine fortifications, recognizable by their concrete construction.
Bunkers feature prominently in the second half of the Sandtraps chapter of Half-Life 2, in which Gordon Freeman must overcome the bunker-bound defenders with the help of the swarms of Antlions under his control, all the while disabling the Thumpers that impede the Antlions' progress.