From Combine OverWiki, the original Half-Life wiki and Portal wiki
(Redirected from Ration dispenser)
|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images.|
The Combine Dispenser is a device used to distribute several types of things.
- In the City 17 Trainstation main hall, the Combine Dispenser distributes food packages to Citizens, as seen in the Half-Life 2 chapter Point Insertion. In the chapter Water Hazard, several ones dispense Manhacks.
- The food distributed from the ration dispenser apparently has a very unlikable taste as several Citizens can be heard commenting on the poor quality of the rations, even to the extent of considering joining Civil Protection "just to get a decent meal".
- The device is grey-blue and beige colored, and features "8991 C17 :" on the bottom left, as well as what appears to be "xele: 1022-1130" and "neld: 0000-1021" right under.
- The dispenser also appears in the Half-Life 2: Deathmatch map Lockdown, where it has the same function as the Charger.
- The food package works as a weapon, with an entity, since it technically works as a weapon for the Citizen NPCs. Typing the command "
give weapon_citizenpackage" into the console gives the package worldmodel, though it appears improperly, as no viewmodel exists. Attempting to use it has no effect, and once another weapon is chosen, the package cannot be easily re-equipped. The HUD icon to appear after spawning is that of the cut MP5K, noted as "SMG1", its other name shared with the retail SMG, the MP7. A similar thing happens with Alyx's Gun, also spawning as the worldmodel since it is only intended to be used by Alyx, although it can be used.
List of appearances
- Half-Life 2 (First appearance)