|This article is non-canon.|
The subject matter of this article does not take place in the "real" Half-Life and Portal universe and is considered non-canon.
|The title of this article was translated for the wiki.|
The name of this subject in the original language, Japanese, is "デコイボム".
|This article has been cleaned up as part of the Cleanup Project, and has its review pending.|
After review, it will be given a safe, good or featured article status.
Explosive with a holographic projector
The Decoy Bomb can be dropped by using the primary attack. It is larger and heavier than grenades, and because of that can not easily be thrown as far, and will usually land close to the player. It features a remote detonator, which is accessed with the secondary attack. If multiple Decoy Bombs have been dropped, they will all explode simultaneously after using the detonator.
After being dropped, the Decoy Bomb creates a two-dimensional holographic image of the Sniper, which matches the appearance of the player who dropped it. Each player looking at the hologram will see it as facing towards them, Sniper's sides and back can not be seen. The hologram is completely transparent to all damage, the bomb itself, however, is easily detonated by shooting it.
Dropped Decoy Bombs are always visible on the enemy radar.
- The Decoy Bomb, when placed in a distant area inaccessible but visible to enemy players, can be used to keep enemies away from certain locations by making them afraid of being killed by the Sniper.
- In contrast, it could also be used to distract and lure enemies away from the battlefield if they decide to try and kill the Sniper.
- Engineers can pick up and throw it with the Gravity Gun.
- Remote detonator makes it useful for making traps, but its low damage compared to other explosives means that either multiple bombs have to be used, or it must be placed near an explosive barrel or some other explosive.
- The Decoy Bomb has 24 different hologram textures, featuring holograms for male and female Snipers of both teams, both factions and all three skin variants.
- If any other character besides the Sniper acquires the Decoy Bomb with the use of the cheat commands, the hologram produced will match their skin, team and faction, but will still display the Sniper, as it does not have the textures of other characters. Bomb entities spawned by console commands do not produce holograms at all.
- Another usable item, the Manhack, also came with the remote detonator, but was cut before being finished.
- The Decoy Bomb will explode if put under water.