|This article is non-canon.|
The subject matter of this article does not take place in the "real" Half-Life and Portal universe and is considered non-canon.
|The title of this article was translated for the wiki.|
The name of this subject in the original language, Japanese, is "リカバーインジェクション".
The Recovery Injection, also known as the R-Injection, is a weapon usable by the Medic in Half-Life 2: Survivor. It is a part of the initial equipment for Combine Medics and can be unlocked by reaching D-Class as a Resistance Medic.
The Recovery Injection has two firing modes. If the weapon is aimed at another player who is within its range, the primary attack can be used to shoot a healing projectile at that player. If it is not aimed at a player or the player is too far, the attack will fail and no ammo will be used. The secondary attack allows the player to fire the weapon at himself.
The Recovery Injection recovers up to 30 health points in a single shot, and will work on players with full health, but will not heal them beyond maximum. It will also restore most of the status effects, with the exception of capture and whiteout.
- The Recovery Injection can be useful to quickly heal teammates during a battle or from a safe distance.
- On maps without water the Recovery Injection is often the easiest way to remove some of the negative status effects.
- It can be used on both teammates and enemy players, and thus can be used to deprive enemies of positive status effects, such as restart invulnerability and drink effects. However, caution should be taken, as it will not only remove the enemy status effects, but also heal them at the same time.
- During the reloading, a container similar to the one on medkits and health vials is inserted.
- The availability of the secondary attack is indicated by a blue-colored animated effect to the crosshair.
- Ammunition for the Recovery Injection is available from the Special Magazine.
- This weapon's maximal working distance is shorter than that of the Energy Injection.
 List of appearances
- Recovery Injection on the official Survivor website (archived)
- Recovery Injection on the Survivor wiki