|This article is non-canon.|
The subject matter of this article does not take place in the "real" Half-Life and Portal universe and is considered non-canon.
|The title of this article was translated for the wiki.|
The name of this subject in the original language, Japanese, is "ジャンプドリンク".
taito pharmaceutical company
The Jump Drink is an item (used as a weapon game-wise) in the Battle Mode of Half-Life 2: Survivor, which can be purchased for the Resistance Ranger and the Resistance Engineer for 150,000 SG. It was added to the game in the 2.05 update, which was released on December 17, 2008. Combine characters have the Timer Grenade available instead of it.
The player can drink it by pressing the secondary attack, thus applying it to himself. It can also be thrown by the primary attack button, allowing the it to be used on a player who picks it up. The Jump Drink applies the Jump Boost status effect to the player who drinks or picks it up.
The Jump Boost status effect doubles the player's jump power and melee attack damage while mid-jump, increased shooting accuracy while mid-jump and grants immunity to fall damage. The effect lasts for a maximum of 15 seconds. If the drink is used for a second time while the Jump Boost effect is still active, the player receives the second level of the effect, making the jump power and melee attack damage while mid-jump 5 and 10 times more powerful than initially. Green colored tornado can be seen circling the player while under either level of the effect.
- After being dropped, it can be picked up both by teammates and enemy players, but teammates will also see a flashing Jump Drink symbol with an arrow pointing towards it, even through walls, making it easier for them to find it.
- While the melee attack damage mid-jump is increased 10 times with the second level of the Jump Boost, the increased jump power makes it very difficult to hit anyone with a melee weapon, as the player reaches the height of skybox almost immediately.
- The first level of the effect is sometimes still active for some time after the second level runs out (depending on the time between using two drinks), but if both levels run out while the player is high in the air, he will likely die from fall damage.
- Only one of the three drink effects can be active at a time (the other two being from the Power Drink and the Mind Drink). This means that the Jump Boost effect will get canceled if the player uses a drink of other type, and vice versa.
- This item, along with other drinks, is available from the Surprise Box.
- The Jump Boost effect is removed after the player's death, submerging in water or using the Recovery Injection.