Ranger (Half-Life 2: Survivor)
|This article is non-canon.|
The subject matter of this article does not take place in the "real" Half-Life and Portal universe and is considered non-canon.
|This article has been cleaned up as part of the Cleanup Project, and has its review pending.|
After review, it will be given a safe, good or featured article status.
The Ranger is one of the five playable characters in the multiplayer game modes of Half-Life 2: Survivor.
In Battle mode, the Ranger has the highest movement speed and jumping power of all classes. The suit's protection is average, along with the Engineer, but is surpassed only by the Soldier. The Ranger specializes in close range combat, using the Shotgun and Dual 9mm Pistols, and is also a good support character, having the widest selection of different grenade types while also being able to carry more of them than any other character. The Ranger's main weakness is the initial lack of any weapons effective over long ranges, but it can be overcome with the purchase of the Crossbow or the Charge Bow, making the Ranger equipped for operation over any distance.
The Ranger can also be used in the Mission mode, but does not have any unique weapons or stats, as the mission mode's characters serve only cosmetic purpose.
|Dual 9mm Pistols||Combine||24/72|
|Default skin.||Initial equipment.|
|Camouflage and goggles.||Purchasable for 25,000 .|
| Parts of the mask are removed,|
revealing mouth and hair.
| Rabbit ears and bow tie (male),
Cat ears and bell choker (female).
|Purchasable for 100,000 .|
|Skull-shaped mask and a black hood.|
|Purchasable for 10,000 .|
|Take the first place in the last month's hall of fame.|
|Take the second place in the last month's hall of fame.|
|Take the third place in the last month's hall of fame.|
- The Ranger character is called "Normal" internally, which is evidenced by the console variable and texture names. Also, if the game has been launched without the arcade menu, the multiplayer tab of the settings menu will have an option for choosing the character, where the Ranger is also called "Normal".
- Models of the Combine Rangers are based on the Civil Protection.
List of appearances
- Resistance Ranger on the official Survivor website (archived)
- Resistance Ranger on the Survivor wiki
- Combine Ranger on the official Survivor website (archived)
- Combine Ranger on the Survivor wiki